Homemade Dill-Cottage Cheese Biscuits - Kapros-Túrós Pogácsa.
Hungarian Dill-Cottage Cheese Biscuits
4 cups white flour
1 container cottage cheese (16-18 ounces)
1/2 lbs butter
3 eggs + 1 egg for glazing tops
1/2 tsp salt if butter is salted, if unsalted 1 tsp
1/2 ounce of dry yeast
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 cup chopped fresh dill or add more to your taste
1. Dissolve dry yeast in warm milk with half tsp of sugar to the milk, let rise.
2. With pastry cutter, cut butter into flour, then add all other ingredients to mixture.
3. Knead dough, roll out to 1/2 inch then proceed to roll back up like with a jelly roll and then folding the log into three.
4. Place in bowl, cover with wax paper and dish towel and let rise in a warm place. Once dough has risen, roll out and then re-roll like in Step 3.
5. Roll out for the third time to 3/4 inch thick with a knife cut top of dough in a shallow manner diagonally and cut out with biscuit cutter or a glass.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet, and brush tops with 1 beaten egg with a bit of milk. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 25 to 30 mins.
* Makes about 40 biscuits.
**Dough will be sticky; flour your work surface, rolling pin and biscuit cutter.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THE RECIPE AND HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU.
IF YOU RUN INTO ANY TROUBLE WHILE MAKING IT OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME!