Homemade Hungarian Scallop Potatoes - Körbe-Körbe Sült Krumpli.
Hungarian Scallop Potatoes
5-6 medium potatoes
1 medium red onion
2 tbsp mayonnaise
4-5 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp bacon grease, melted (if no bacon grease; use all butter)
1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
Salt, pepper and paprika
1. Boil potatoes, peeled or unpeeled; to your preference for 10 minutes.
2. Let the potatoes cool, and slice thinly. Slice onions thinly.
3. Mix mayo and sour cream together, adding a dash of milk if mixture is too thick. (Consistency should be thick but pourable.) Add a pinch of salt to mixture.
4. Mix bacon grease and butter, then grease bottom and sides of round baking dish.
5. Stand potato slices in a circular fashion in round baking dish; working from outside-in. Place onion slices in between the potato slices.
6. Drizzle the remaining butter-grease mixture over the potato slices.
7. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
8. Drizzle sour cream and mayo mixture on top with a spoon, dust with paprika.
9. Bake in preheated 425F oven for 20-25 minutes.
*Makes about 6 servings.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THE RECIPE AND HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU.
IF YOU RUN INTO ANY TROUBLE WHILE MAKING IT OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME!